How to Root And Install CWM Recovery On LG P698
Are u Ready For The Root Your Lg Optimus Net Dual P698 Phone And Install Many Great Custom RomsHare is The Process Of The How To Root LG P698 And INstall Custom Rom.
LG Optimus P698 Dual Sim smartphone can be now easily rooted and installed with the latest Clock Work mod recovery version and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can attain the same with the help of a list of pre requisites which you need to follow along with the tutorial in the next page. Please be informed that once you root the device, the warranty will get void and the only way with which you can revoke the warranty void is by re applying the original factory firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
The biggest advantage of rooting and installing the clock work mod recovery is that you can then install the custom rom firmwares in your phone which will completely enhance the overall phone experience.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the below mentioned data needs to be backed up so that just in case if the data present in your LG Optimus Dual Sim P698 gets corrupted or erased, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your LG Optimus Dual Sim P698 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to root and install the clock work mod recovery image in your LG Optimus Dual P698 smartphone.
Procedure to Root & install Clock Work mod Recovery In LG Optimus Dual P698:
- First up you need to download and install the LG Optimus Dial Sim P698 Drivers in your computer and then download Unlock Root tool from here to your computer.
- Install the Unlock root tool in your computer and open the same. Now, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “Root” button. Wait for around 5 minutes for the rooting process to get completed and once it’s done it may prompt you to install the battery saver application which you can install or may opt to cancel the same.
So, that’s it you have now successfully rooted your device. Now, in the next step we will check out on how you can install the clock work mod recovery in the device.
Procedure to Install Custom Recovery Image in LG Optimus Dual Sim P698:
- Download the Optimus Dual Sim P698 Recovery Package from here to your computer. Also, install the GScript Lite from Google Play Store.
- Connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded recovery file for Optimus Dual Sim P698 in your phone. Ensure that the file is not placed deep into the device. Open the GScript Lite App in your phone and then click on the Menu button to select the script file.
- Now, click on the “Load” File and select the “recovery_by_snegovik.sh.” file and that’s it. Once the file is processed successfully, you will see that the clock work mod recovery is successfully installed in the phone.
Tip: Just check for any data loss, if there is any data loss happened then you can restore the same from the above mentioned steps.
So, congratulations you have now successfully rooted and installed the clock work mod recovery image in your LG Optimus Dual Sim P698 device. Do let us know in the comments, if you face any issues as we will try to address the same at the earliest.